Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Junior Worlds 2000?

So I was thinking the other day... if everyone who plays ultimate now was playing eight years ago, would I have made an Australian junior boys team in 2000 (when I was 17/18)?

I looked into it - included are players who were 16-19 years old as of January 1st, 2000.

Lee Baker
Mike Baker
Andrew Barr
Troy Booth
Josh Cukierman
Paul Denyer
Pete Gardner
Abra Garfield
Tim Gee
Andrew Glover
Tim Lavis
John Liddicoat
Pete Liddicoat
Joel Pillar
Frank Simmons
Jonathon Tatham
Alex Wong

...I think that'll do. I probably wouldn't have made it.

1 comment:

Twatson said...

How about 2002 in Riga, Latvia?

There was a belated attempt to get the ACT juniors team and others to head along to that but with only 6 months to prepare and earn the cash, we decided that we could wait for the next time around and head off then.

I did this under the assumption that I'd be young enough to be on the team but either our first reading of the rules was incorrect or they changed the rules in those two years and I missed out...

oh how my life would have been different (and much less bitter)...

*weeps in corner*